New to windows 10 but cannot load the Menu bar.

Reaction score
I searched my PC and was directed to the web, the information said that W10 did not yet provide the Menu bar facility but maybe in the future MS may offer it. I then played around again on my PC and did find away around the problem. I hope this may help others with the same requirement.
Click the windows start icon / Settings / System / Default apps / Scroll down to Web browser / click Microsoft Edge / click Internet Explorer.
With a bit of luck you should now have the Menu bar, albeit on IE.
I am going to use it this way until MS provide it on MS Edge.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
In most cases in normal win32 applications the menu bar such as it is can be evoked (if not already present) by tapping the "Alt" key on your keyboard.
Microsoft Edge is a different beast and behaves more like a Universal App than a true win32 application.
I don't know of any Universal App that offers a menu bar as yet they seem to do things more with either the three dot ellipsis icon or the three line so called hamburger menu.

Reaction score
In most cases in normal win32 applications the menu bar such as it is can be evoked (if not already present) by tapping the "Alt" key on your keyboard.
Microsoft Edge is a different beast and behaves more like a Universal App than a true win32 application.
I don't know of any Universal App that offers a menu bar as yet they seem to do things more with either the three dot ellipsis icon or the three line so called hamburger menu.
Thanks for your reply, I had already tried the dots and the hamburger method when I wanted to copy and paste from a web site whilst using MS Edge but did not succeed. How does it work for you? I was able to use the MS Snipping tool ok though.

Reaction score
What did you want to copy and paste? Text? a Picture? Web address?
I can do all these with the Ctrl C and CTRL v function.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply I had not thought of that way round it, I used MS Snipping tool. In the back of my mind I know of keyboard shortcuts but have never used them, I will in future when using MS Edge.

Ask a Question