SOLVED New txt file from clipboard

Reaction score
Hello guys, have you thought about the ability to automatically make a new txt document from a copied text in the clipboard when you press Ctrl+V in a folder?

Reaction score
What info are you looking for; how to copy and paste into a new document?

Reaction score
How to paste text directly into a folder, automatically turning it to a new .txt document.

Reaction score
1.Highlight the text you want to copy to the clipboard by right click and dragging the mouse over the text.
2. Open a "new" Word document and paste (Cntrl V) into the new document.
3. Click on File (top left) "Save as" name the file eg. "Nehonat Resume.dox and then save to "My documents" or any folder you wish.

Reaction score
You don't seem to understand my question. Let me make it clearer:
Since the clipboard holds different types of data and windows treats them differently, if you copy a text to it and try to paste it inside a folder, nothing happens. But if it's a file, then it's pasted. So, since nothing happens when you paste text in a folder, why not facilitate the creation of new .txt documents by just letting the user paste said text directly into the folder, thus skipping the steps of right-clicking, navigating to "new", navigating to "text document", clicking on it, naming it since its name is highlighted upon creation, then opening it and at last, pressing Ctrl+V?
Is that more understandable to you?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Perfectly understandable, just......
Impossible to do natively with anything that I am aware of in Windows 10 or previous version.
Back in the day Windows supported something called "scrap" where you could drag text from an OLE capable application onto your desktop for use later in the same or another OLE capable application, but that is not support any longer.
You can still highlight and physically drag text directly from within one OLE capable application onto another (ie..... one word document into another word document).

I can't even find any references to any third party product that might facilitate what you wish to do.
Apparently there is not much demand for this or I suspect someone would have figured out a way to do it programmatically with VB or some other scripting routine

Reaction score
Thanks. I remember the scraps, which further made me wonder why this is not an option. But if you think about it, Facebook has kinda implemented a similar function in its chat, by pasting a print screen directly there. Besides, I do think it's more intuitive, especially to inexperienced users.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well..... there you go then.
Now if you can actually find it, cause none of the links seem to work....
AND for only $10 bucks, you're good to go.

Ask a Question