SOLVED New Windows Prevent Some Security Software.

Reaction score
Som security software does not work under the new windows 10. Developers of security software will now get into problems.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have noticed this recently, with my MalwareBytes Premium subscription.
It seems that Defender thinks that it is a full fledged antivirus product and says

Capture.PNG

Which I suppose is sort of true.
I had just grown used to them playing better together, along side one another.
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Virus protection
Says.....
"Malwarebytes is turned on"
Which of course it is, but I have never considered MalwareBytes a complete, comprehensive and robust "antivirus" solution.

Reaction score
A Danish compagny have adopted Bitdefender and turned it into Chili internet security software. People are paying a lot of money for this. I got a free family pack from my internet provider and it was working well but took over defender and windows firewall. After i upgraded my win10 this software will not run at all. The sevice people hoped that they can fix the issue before the release of new windows. If they cant they will get in financial troubles, because people that have payed for the software will claim their money back, and according to Danish law you have 2 years right if the soft is not working. Not if it is working and registered and you just want your money back

Reaction score
I have the new Malwarebytes running alongside Defender. Just tell defender to turn on and do periodic scans.

Ideally I want Defender running 7/24 and Malwarebytes running periodic scans. I'll look into this.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just tell defender to turn on and do periodic scans.
Yep.... figured that much out already.
Just wondering why Windows 10 thinks that MalwareBytes is my actual Antivirus program rather than Defender itself

Reaction score
Probably because MWB 3.0 is continually running now...I see it as an enormous service 431 Mb. The old MWb I thought only ran on demand

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Malwarebytes Premium has always ran "real time". The free version is "on demand" after the trial expires.

Reaction score
Well Chili internet security aka bitdefender have fixed the issue with not working under the new windows 10. The WD can then be run as secondary virus protection!

Ask a Question