No Bluetooth Option in New System

Reaction score
Greetings,

I recently built a new system (MSI B450 Tomahawk, Windows 10 from MS Store). In trying to run a bluetooth headset to connect to the new system so that I can listen to podcasts and what have you over the headset, there's no Bluetooth entry in the Device Manager, hence no bluetooth access for the headset. I'm not sure how to fix this. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
A quick scan of this
I'm not seeing any reference for native / on-board Bluetooth support, so....
I suspect you'll need to pick up an aftermarket third party Bluetooth USB dongle to get communications between your new system and any Bluetooth devices.
There relatively inexpensive, some devices even come with their own (sometimes proprietary) dongle.

Reaction score
Well, poop!
How is that even possible these days, you know. I wasn't even thinking I'd have to look for bluetooth support when I got the board. I mean, it's a great board and all, but really, no BT? Oh well.
Hey, thanks much!

Reaction score
It does seem strange that a new MB would not have Bluetooth built in with the Ethernet device. But Realtek's data sheet makes no mention at all of Bluetooth.

Reaction score
I have rehabbed 2 Desktops [HP and Dell] that just happened to have an add-in PCIe X1 Wireless/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Adapter/card in addition to the onboard/built-in Ethernet adapter. Most all Notebooks of the last number of years have Wi-Fi adapters that include Bluetooth.

Sometime in my travels I've picked up a small Bluetooth dongle [about the size of the nano transceiver that comes with Wireless mice], it's marketed by iGo but has a Broadcom insides, identifies as BT Version 4.0 and works great in a USB port in a Desktop computer. It's 802.11a/b/g/n.

EDIT: I keep forgetting my ASUS Desktop of about 3 years ago from their Business line came with such an Add-in card but I unplugged it right-away to get room for an Add-in 4-port USB 3 card for more device connectivity.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Lenovo laptop of several years ago has an Intel WiFi and Bluetooth M2 card and Realtek Ethernet on the Mobo.

My old desktop and my wife's much newer desktop with a Gigabyte Mobo has no WiFi nor Bluetooth built in. Both machines have Realtek 1GB ethernet built in.

Reaction score
Well, I'm looking at either a USB or PCI adapter. I don't use a lot of USB devices, so I'll probably go with that. I do have the PCI x1 slot, so I might go with that. Who knows!
But thanks all for the help!

Reaction score
Turns out I misspoke, tried the Bluetooth dongle awhile ago and it is IOGear, not iGo.

Ask a Question