No brightness control in windows 10.

Do you have a brightness slider in the control panel of your WINDOWS 10?

• I use a LAPTOP with windows 10 and YES I have a brightness slider in the control panel.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use a DESKTOP with windows 10 and YES I have a brightness slider bar in the control panel.

• I use a LAPTOP with windows 10 and I have a charm in the action centre to change the brightness.

• I use a DESKTOP with windows 10 and I have a charm in the action centre to change the brightness.

• I use a LAPTOP with windows 10 and NO I have NO brightness control at all. Except monitor settings.

• Total voters
Reaction score
I've already created a thread like this, but I am getting no joy in a fix.
So all I want to know now is simply whether or not you have a brightness slider bar in your control panel.

Please click your start menu, then click "Settings" and go to the first option, "Display". Please look for a brightness slider at the bottom of the screen. If there is none there, then go to "Advanced display settings".

If there is still no brightness control, finally, go back to your desktop and go down to the task bar, and look for the "Action centre" icon in the System tray area (looks like a speech bubble), click this and then Click "Expand" to shot all the charms. There might be a square in the bottom of this area that enables you to change the brightness of the screen.

You may answer up to 3 times for up to 3 machines you own.

Reaction score
I set the brightness etc. on my 21" Samsung monitor when I bought it a few years back. Adjusted once since 2 years ago as the backlight is getting older. Don't see why I'd need a control inside Windows unless perhaps if I watched movies on the display...I don't, I have a large TV for that.

Ask a Question