No connection found - Please help!

Reaction score
Hi, Im new here. I recently bought my laptop, lenovo yoga 900, 3 months ago with windows 10 already installed in it. I had experienced the blue screen during the 3 months about 2 times. However, about 1 week ago, it started having more frequent blue screen (3 in a week) and restarts on it's own, after restarting, my computer cannot find any wifi connection. The only button to press is the flight mode button when I press the wifi icon. I had restarted it, and it's fine again.

But today, it happened again, it doesn't work after restarting. I had tried the microsoft guide on connectivity issues on microsoft website, but it didn't work.
The other devices with my family work absolutely fine with my wifi at home.
Windows 10 has numerous updates, but I kind of remember it has one update a few days ago.
For this last blue screen, I remember the error name was something like system thread exception.
Please save my laptop!

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I recently bought my laptop, lenovo yoga 900, 3 months ago with windows 10 already installed in it. I had experienced the blue screen during the 3 months about 2 times. However, about 1 week ago, it started having more frequent blue screen (3 in a week) and restarts on it's own, after restarting, my computer cannot find any wifi connection. The only button to press is the flight mode button when I press the wifi icon. I had restarted it, and it's fine again.

But today, it happened again, it doesn't work after restarting. I had tried the microsoft guide on connectivity issues on microsoft website, but it didn't work.
The other devices with my family work absolutely fine with my wifi at home.
Windows 10 has numerous updates, but I kind of remember it has one update a few days ago.
Please save my laptop!
There is no way that you should be having these types of problems with a new, 3 month old, laptop.
Not the Blue Screens (which may be indicative of some serious hardware problems, no way to say for certain), nor the problem you are experiencing with your network connection.
You should take it back to the vendor / retailer / store and insist that they make things right. Either fix it, replace it, or refund your money.
Failing that then you should contact Lenovo and exercise your warranty and insist that it be replaced

Reaction score
I agree with Trouble, but in case the store refuses a refund:

Left'click your Start Button and click on the hamburger (Three horizontal lines) in the top left. Select WiFi and Internet and make sure that everything is all right.

Reaction score
Thank you for the generous help!
May I know if it is caused by virus?
I can really reformat it without blinking an eye in that case. There's not much files in my computer. Just a few thousand photos. Will reformating solve the problem?
My retailer said I can't exchange it after 1 week of purchasing it. And the trip to Lenovo takes 2 hours.. is it possible to do anything about it on my own?
(I have tried to connect to wired internet connection and it works)
Is there a possibility that this problem stay like this or worsen over time?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
May I know if it is caused by virus?
Historically there have been a couple pieces of malware that can produce fake Blue Screens, although a virus that would produce a fake BSOD and then take out your wireless adapter while allowing you to use the wired connection, I don't believe I've ever heard of one.
Is there a possibility that this problem stay like this or worsen over time?
Yes.
IF, say for instance there is a physical problem with your wireless card specifically or the bus architecture that supports it, even a poorly seated adapter then the problem can get worse over time.
I can really reformat it without blinking an eye in that case. There's not much files in my computer. Just a few thousand photos. Will reformating solve the problem?
Since Lenovo will almost insist that you return the computer to its' factory state (if possible) during any warranty consideration.... It might be a good place to start.
Backup any critical data onto an external resource and then.....
Check your documentation as to how to perform a factory reset. I think most of the newer Lenovo machines have a "NOVO" button on the bezel, adjacent to the power button.
My retailer said I can't exchange it after 1 week of purchasing it.
WOW.... who is that retailer, so I can be sure to cross him off my list of places to buy things.

Reaction score
Hi, so I went to my retailer, and they say it's because I downloaded some programs. They insist that if I reformat it, it will be fine, and it's the only way to help my laptop. It did, but after observing for another 2 days, it's the same again.
Programs/Apps I installed and used
Chrome
Malwarebytes
Avast!
OneNote (already there after reformat)
Dropbox
And firefox
Now one of them is claiming that its because Firefox?!
I asked for an exchange, and they said no. But you don't need to worry about it, I guess I'm in a different country, that's why.

Reaction score
Miuna, can you go to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint?

Other than that, I suggest that you delete Avast and use Defender. As long as you do not keep credit card numbers, etc., on your rig, all the major free AVs work about equally well. However, Defender does not clash with Win 10.

I have never had a problem with Firefox. But after transferring your bookmarks to Edge, you can try making it your main browser.

Incidentally, I posted an article on warranties in the Cheap Laptops thread just now.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Even if the retailer (seller) is being a pain, you should still have recourse through the manufacturer's warranty program.

Ask a Question