No connection

Reaction score
I've used Secunia psi for years. For two days I've tried on two computers to get to the forum and it won't connect. It times out. Both of these computers have recently gone through the Fall Creator's Update. Is there a connection here?

I've never touched the Windows Firewall before, but I did go in today and added Secunia to the list of accepted programs. I still can't reach Secunia.

I've got an answer from the forum and I can't get to it so hoping someone can shed some light on this.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Nikilet,

I tried myself to get to their site and like you it would not load.

I did a ping and a traceroute on the site and both worked fine.

Then I put the sites IP address into the browser address bar and their page opened.

Try using: 185.109.133.100 in the address bar [without the http://]

I have not done this, but from an elevated command prompt, it may be worth flushing your Domain Name Server Cache using the following command:

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this. I don't know how to do what you did with the ping/traceroute so I couldn't have figured anything out. The site did open. Thanks again!

P.S. Well, still no luck. When I click on "forums" it just times out on me again and I get a page telling me "this page isn't working."

I did flush dns.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I suspect then that their Server is having troubles.

Late last year a Corporation IT Employee created a Windows image which included the Secunia software and installed this onto several thousand networked computers.

That resulted in crashing the Secunia servers because those several thousand computers were connecting to their server with the same ID.

That issue was finally resolved in February this year.

However, perhaps its reoccurred or some other issue has started.

Ask a Question