No cursor on laptop after installing windows 10

Reaction score
This is a laptop, not touchscreen so all I can do is stare at the screen and get madder and madder at myself for attempting to upgrade. Someone please help!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You'll likely need to obtain a wired USB mouse, at least temporarily to get you over the hump.
It's probably the trackpad / touchpad driver for your laptop. You'll need to determine which one you have an look to the device manufacturer for a suitable driver (elan, synaptic, etc.,).

Reaction score
I did finally figure it out. On the sign in page - the only one where the cursor works, I clicked on the bottom right button and held down shift while hitting restart. It gave me 3 recovery options. I chose the 1st one where it allows you to keep any documents. This laptop is relatively new so not a lot of icons to reinstall. Cursor now works but other things don't. And now I can't revert back to 8. I'm going to try a complete reboot back to factory settings and start over and kiss 10 goodbye until much later

Ask a Question