No Internet access wifi connected

Reaction score
I haven't been able to access the Internet on my PC for four days and before that every other day or random disconnects. It says I'm connected, but I don't have Internet access. The Internet works on my phone just fine. I have tried reinstalling network adapters, resetting my modem, restarting my computer and troubleshooting. The troubleshooting has resulted said something about a problem with the access point and a problem with the dns, but the results usually vary. Most of the time the troubleshoot says there is no problem. I'll have the results of my ipconfig /all attached in notepad form.

Attachments

• ipconfig.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 611

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You're getting an APIPA address on your wireless card, which means that it is not communicating properly with your wireless router that should be providing DHCP with the appropriate IP addressing schema.
Have you tried connecting using the Ethernet adapter, rather than the wireless adapter just to see if that works?
You might begin by experimenting with the wireless encryption being used on your wireless router, by....
First turning it off, as in none or open. Then try progressing through WEP to WPA to WPA2 and experimenting with TKIP versus AES or TKIP + AES.

Reaction score
I haven't been able to access the Internet on my PC for four days and before that every other day or random disconnects. It says I'm connected, but I don't have Internet access. The Internet works on my phone just fine. I have tried reinstalling network adapters, resetting my modem, restarting my computer and troubleshooting. The troubleshooting has resulted said something about a problem with the access point and a problem with the dns, but the results usually vary. Most of the time the troubleshoot says there is no problem. I'll have the results of my ipconfig /all attached in notepad form.

it looks like your trying to use an Internet Protocol 6 (TCP/IPv6) for your DNS Servers

check your Wi-Fi Properties, is the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) box checked ?

if it is highlight it & select Properties,
what does it display in the General Tab & the Alternative Configuration Tab ?

if your Internet Protocol 6 (TCP/IPv6) box is checked, you could also try unchecking that

Reaction score
Looks to me as if IPV6 and IPV4 are both loaded but there is no communication at all with the router. The IPV4 AND IPV6 addresses are just the 'link local' addresses that Windows does when it has not connection.

Those supposed DNS addresses are not real as they are not routable.

I agree with Trouble...try a wired connection. And check the properties of your WiFi card both in Network and sharing centre and in Device manager as well as the encryption. Might be worth turning it off at the router and trying.

Is this machine a laptop( with built in Wifi)? Are you sure you have not accidentally got into Airplane mode? A desktop with built in Wifi can get into airplane mode as well but I have no idea how!

Ask a Question