SOLVED No internet after free upgrade

Reaction score
I just upgraded my pc with a gtx 1070 i7-6700k and gigabyte z170xp-sli m board. After installing Windows 7 I couldn't find updates. After getting them to install 90% of them failed so I just said screw it I'll upgrade to Windows 10. Everything appears to be working fine except I have no internet. There's no wireless, just my Ethernet cable. It doesn't show up. Network trouble shooting says "
Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter " it also says I have no network adapters installed and I don't know what to do at this point. I read download the driver on another pc and move it over but what driver do I need and where do I download it please help. I'm also not that knowledgable with details about computers so a step by step guide would be heavily appreciated. Thanks!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi seanx13,

Welcome to the forum.

Your gigabyte board has a support website with driver support and downloads:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5496#dl

I'm not sure what drivers you have all ready installed, but given its the Internet you are attempting to get working it will be the Intel LAN drivers you definitely need right now.

Make sure you select the correct Windows 10 version, i.e. 32 or 64-bit architecture. My guess is you are using 64-bit but there are drivers for both architecture types there.

Alternatively, you can go to Intel's own website and download drivers for LAN there too.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi seanx13,

Welcome to the forum.

Your gigabyte board has a support website with driver support and downloads:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5496#dl

I'm not sure what drivers you have all ready installed, but given its the Internet you are attempting to get working it will be the Intel LAN drivers you definitely need right now.

Make sure you select the correct Windows 10 version, i.e. 32 or 64-bit architecture. My guess is you are using 64-bit but there are drivers for both architecture types there.

Alternatively, you can go to Intel's own website and download drivers for LAN there too.

Regards,

Regedit32

I went to the website and found the driver I needed "Intel LAN driver - Windows 10 x64" I downloaded it, moved it too my external harddrive, copied it to affected pc and launched the AutoRun file. I went through the install wizard and after completion my internet worked. Thanks a lot for the help!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi seanx13,

You are welcome. Glad it all worked out for you.

That site has a number of other downloads, not just the drivers: if you click that driver tab there are other things to grab that will give you the full benefit of your Motherboard's assets.

Reaction score
I recently bought a Gigabyte 170 mobo and 90% of the drivers came on a CD with the board the others, including the drivers for the Intel network adapter and intel display hardware were found by W10 immediately when I installed it.

Ask a Question