No licenses found

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 on a work computer that uses proprietary software to operate a laboratory instrument. After installation, I cannot open the software. I get a message saying that No license was found for the software. My previous OS was Windows 7.

Any ideas? I have a call into the instrument manufacturer's tech support but so far they have not returned my call.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 on a work computer that uses proprietary software to operate a laboratory instrument.
OMG....why? What does your work say? Most companies don't permit that as they have there own IT administrators to handle that stuff.

You have the option to revert back to windows 7 and I strongly recommend that option.

Go back to your previous version of Windows
If it’s been less than a month since you upgraded to Windows 10, you can go back to your previous version of Windows from Settings > Update & security > Recovery.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Ask a Question