No mail notifications

Reaction score
Just recently notifications from the mail app have ceased. I have ticked all the boxes regarding notifications in both the mail and w10 settings. Also the calendar is running. I have also uninstalled the mail accounts (Hotmail) and reinstalled them but can't think of anything else to do. Any ideas would be welcome.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you know which Windows 10 build you are running?

Can you also please try going to Settings > Privacy > Background Apps and then make sure "calendar" is allowed to run in the background (it's the same as the mail app). This may have been what you meant in your OP, so apologies if you've already tried that.

If that doesn't work, it may be worth taking the nuclear option and backing up your mail, calendar and settings, then uninstalling the Mail/Calendar applications (instructions in @Regedit32's post #15 here). Once you've done that, re-install them via the Store and import your data.

Reaction score
Thanks for that, yes its running in the background. I'll try the uninstall option when I get back from Holiday.

Ask a Question