No Option to Connect via WiFi

Reaction score
Hello, I have a HP computer with built in WiFi access running Windows 10. All of a sudden, I have no option to connect to WiFi, but only have an option to connect with Ethernet. The WiFi options disappeared and I can't find a way to connect without using Ethernet. Any help?

Reaction score
Go to device manager and check if the adapter shows up under network adapters. If it shows up check properties. There are three simple possibilities. AND it could be any 1,2 or 3 of them!
The adapter driver is not working ( yellow excla point)
The adapter is disabled
In the adapter properties it has the "allow computer to turn off ....for power saving" That last one has caught many people. It is for sure a Windows 10 bug.

Try these and get back to us.

Reaction score
Go to device manager and check if the adapter shows up under network adapters. If it shows up check properties. There are three simple possibilities. AND it could be any 1,2 or 3 of them!
The adapter driver is not working ( yellow excla point)
The adapter is disabled
In the adapter properties it has the "allow computer to turn off ....for power saving" That last one has caught many people. It is for sure a Windows 10 bug.

Try these and get back to us.
I checked that and it says the device is working properly. It's just that there's no option to connect to my internet by using WiFi. I had it before, but it's now just gone. No options to connect with WiFi anywhere. I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. I may just decide to do a factory reset with my computer, but that's my last resort...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IS this a laptop or a desktop?
Some laptops have a physical switch or a keyboard combination like Fn + F2 to physically turn the wireless radio on.

Reaction score
^^^ Yes. Does the PC have airplane mode on ? You left click on the network icon and see nothing.

Does your router broadcast the SSID?

Ask a Question