No password box on unlock screen (W10 Anniversary Update)

Reaction score
Hi all

Have run into an issue since installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, when I lock my user session and go back to it later, I move my mouse and I see the new look lock screen with some info in the top left about the background picture, when I press enter or left click, the background image darkens a little bit, but the bubble with my user account picture and the password box dont appear?

This happens when at home and also accessing my home PC via Teamviewer when at work.

Please can you advise if I am alone in this or is it a known issue and is there any fix?

I suppose a workaround for the short term is to remove the need to enter a password after locking an account but thats not a solution.

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
The problem gets weirder, I've just tried logging in again via Teamviewer, when I left click the mouse, the bubble with my account profile image appears, as does my name, but no password box shows up at all.

Ask a Question