No Sound Devices

Reaction score
HI,

Not super tech savvy, but my question is I installed Windows 10 way back, when it was free. Anyway, I have no sound devices on my PC and when I go to HP.com it is asking me for my product key for windows and I don't have one. How do I know what I need to download and can I without a product key?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Perhaps if you could provide the full product number for your particular computer someone will be able to link you to the proper download(s).
You'll need to provide the full product number which is likely located on a tag on the back, on the bottom or in some cases with laptops, under the battery.
HP Pavilion DV7 is not the full product spec.
Usually there will be some additional numbers such as HP Pavilion dv7-2185dx or something similar.

You will likely need the audio drivers, but you may also need a host of other drivers as well..... Chipset, Video, LAN, WLAN, even in some instances a very specific BIOS update may be needed in order for Windows 10 to work correctly on a particular computer.

Ask a Question