SOLVED No WiFi connection after most recent W10 update

Reaction score
Hi,

Since most recent Windows 10 updates (10/31/2016) on my laptop, I can no longer connect to WiFi on my home network. All my other devices (Android phone, desktop with Windows 7, and iPad Mini 4) are having no problem connecting to the WiFi. I read an internet article that said it could be a driver issue. I went into Device Manager and went through the WiFi drivers one by one (there are only 2), both manually and automatically, but nothing solved the WiFi connection problem.

Was unable to find a site online that might have most recent drivers. Also, presuming it's a driver update problem, do I download driver from computer that still has WiFi, put it on thumb drive and transfer it to problematic laptop?

thanks!
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
10.0.14393 Build 14393
Manufacturer Hewlitt Packard
System Model HP 2000 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
SKU D1E88UA#ABA
Processor AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1300 Mhz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical Processors
BIOS Version Insyde F.24 12/26/2012
SMBIOS 2.7
RAM 4GB

Reaction score
Happened to me just recently and I do not why ...

But, when I looked at the bottom right, the Internet (usual) icon changed to an airplane ?
Like on my smartphone !

Went into settings and lurked around until I figured out how to turn the regular internet back on !

I have no idea how I did that anymore !

Reaction score
Hi greggfiller,

Have you tried using cmd(Admin) and type this command line : « netsh int ip reset » , and press « Enter », and restart your computer.

If it doesn't work, you still use cmd(Admin) and type : « netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled » and « Enter».

« netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled » and «Enter».

« netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled » and press « Enter».
Then restart your computer.

Hope this will be helpfull.;)

Reaction score
Happened to me just recently and I do not why ...

But, when I looked at the bottom right, the Internet (usual) icon changed to an airplane ?
Like on my smartphone !

Went into settings and lurked around until I figured out how to turn the regular internet back on !

I have no idea how I did that anymore !

You set airplane mode in the action centre. click on that in the bottom right and you should see a button there marked airplane mode. Turns off the WiFi and Bluetooth radios

Reaction score
Hi greggfiller,

Have you tried using cmd(Admin) and type this command line : « netsh int ip reset » , and press « Enter », and restart your computer.

If it doesn't work, you still use cmd(Admin) and type : « netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled » and « Enter».

« netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled » and «Enter».

« netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled » and press « Enter».
Then restart your computer.

Hope this will be helpfull.;)
Thank you, Jay B.,

Hi Jay B.,
Before receiving your response, today I did a system restore from 5 days ago. Even though the restore failed, due to my anti-virus not being disabled beforehand, ironically, my WiFi is working again now. Thus haven't tried your suggestions. If it happens again, I will utilize your suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to help! Gregg

Ask a Question