No WiFi Option

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect to my wifi but I cannot. My windows 10 does not have a WiFi option in my network and internet settings! I only have WiFi and I do not have a Ethernet cable. How am I supposed to connect to my wifi without this option? Please help

Attachments

• 1495411334229-1581478293.jpg
    1495411334229-1581478293.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 1,188

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It would appear that "Windows 10" does not believe that your machine (computer) is equipped with a Wireless Ethernet Adapter.
Do you have reason to suspect otherwise?
Have you checked device manager and expanded Network Adapters?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Jade,

Welcome to the Forum.

Return to Start > Settings > Network & Internet
  • Beneath Change your network settings click on Change adapter options
  • In the window that opens right-click on Wi-Fi and select Enable
Assuming all drivers are correctly installed this ought to make Wi-Fi option reappear in your Network & Internet window. You may need to close it and reopen it to see the change.
Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Jade,

Welcome to the Forum.

Return to Start > Settings > Network & Internet
  • Beneath Change your network settings click on Change adapter options
  • In the window that opens right-click on Wi-Fi and select Enable
Assuming all drivers are correctly installed this ought to make Wi-Fi option reappear in your Network & Internet window. You may need to close it and reopen it to see the change.
Regards,

Regedit32
I can't find anything on here that says wifi. I'm not very good with new technology as you can see.

Attachments

• 1495416815690498786490.jpg
    1495416815690498786490.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 885

Regedit32

Reaction score
That is fine.

You'll need to follow troubles post then.
  • Right-click on Start
  • Select Device Manager
  • In the Device Manager window expand Network Adapters by clicking on it
Do you see your Wireless card listed?

Sample image of what you may see if present

sample.png

There may be a yellow triangle next to it if it is present which would indicate a problem.

If that is the case, right-click on the wireless adapter and see whether you can update the driver for it.

If it is not present at all, then in top toolbar of Device Manager, click Action > Scan for hardware changes and see whether Windows can detect the card.​

Reaction score
Hi Jade,

if you have the drivers disk for your computer, put it in the disk drive and look for the wireless drivers folder using Windows explorer and see if you can find a setup.exe file (most likely in the wlan drivers folder?) and double click it to open it, it may install drivers for you automatically?. :)

Reaction score
I hope I'm posting in the right spot, but I no longer have a WiFi option on my destop. I'm not sure when I lost it, but within the last 3 months. I've heard some windows updates took it out. I'm running an Ethernet cable from my bedroom to the living room, but do not want to continue doing that. Can anyone help me get it back please! I'm on Windows 10.

Reaction score
You may not have the correct driver downloaded. This was the case for me. My driver wasn’t available in the list, so I had to download the driver from the manufacturer website and put it on a thumb drive and put it on my pc. It then automatically detected my Wi-Fi driver and put it where it belongs. Viola! I can now connect to Wi-Fi! Easy fix, but it’s not something that’s ever been suggested.

Ask a Question