No Wireless

Reaction score
Hi

I have just upgraded an older laptop to Windows 10 from Windows 7, there were no reported problems with either programs or hardware.
However the wireless card Intel 512AN_MMW is not now working, has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix
Thanx

Reaction score
yes have tried for updated drivers from both Acer and Intel, to no avail, have also tried DriverPack both online and standalone

Reaction score
I faced the same issue today with my HP laptop, but the strange thing is this happened a month after the upgrade. I have now rolled back to Win8.1 and the drivers are working fine now.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Checking here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductViewerWithUpdatedFilters?TempOsid=Windows 10&Locale=en-us&Architecture=X64&TextSearch=intel wireless&Type=Both&ProductCategory=Networking&ProductSubcategory=Wireless network cards&CurrentPage=0&TotalPages=2&ShowCriteria=2&SortCriteria=Relevance&Compatibility=Unknown&ProductName=intel wireless&LastRequested=5
I am unable to find any reference to an Intel 512AN_MMW.
The closet I could find was a Model 512AN_HMW so that's no help.
Often when it comes to hardware devices install in a laptop, you need the driver from the laptop manufacturer. Even if you have to manually install the older driver or use compatibility mode, some times it will work, but.....
There are probably going to be a pretty large number of hardware devices, that worked with Windows 7 that are going to have driver issues with Windows 10.

Ask a Question