Not a bug in Edge..but...

Reaction score
Can anyone reading this please confirm.

It has always been my custom, when using the web, to open another browser or two alongside the one in use, for reference. My quick way of doing this, and this is with the five major browsers, is to click the icon, which I have pinned in the taskbar, with the middle mouse button.

I have found that this does not work in Edge. I need, there, to open the " more actions" (three dots) and select "new window". Not happy with this!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My quick way of doing this, and this is with the five major browsers, is to click the icon, which I have pinned in the taskbar, with the middle mouse button.
Well davehc..... good news and bad news.
The good news is that I have never, in my life used the center (middle) mouse button to open a browser or any other icon on my taskbar, so.......
I learned something today.
The bad news is that it seems to work fine on my computer and Edge launched with a single click of the center mouse button / scroll wheel (in my case), from its' pinned location on my taskbar, so......
I guess it is not a "bug" in edge or anywhere else. At least not in my experience.
Sorry, could no duplicate the issue.

Reaction score
Ah. I didn't explain properly. Yes, I can as always, open the Edge with the middle button click. But, if I want to open another instance of Edge, beside the other one I am using, it wont do it. Does it fine on all others. I have just opened, for the experiment, 6 copies of IE on my desktop at once, using that method. Thanks for trying, Trouble.

Untitled.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Probably because it is a "new" "trusted" "universal app".
Only some of those support multiple instance at this time, like the "new" Calculator.
For some reason they made a big deal about that, when that functionality was first announced.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't get it working either - but it's fine with my regular browsers. A shame!

Ask a Question