SOLVED Not Mozilla Friendly

Reaction score
This is my second install of Windows 10. It may be my last! On my first Windows 10 "upgrade", The install seemed to go OK, but when I clicked Thunderbird to open my emails, NONE of my archived email addresses/passwords and archived emails made the transition. That prompted my first recovery from Windows 10 shock. I did a image recovery and was back to Windows 7. After two weeks, I gave Windows 10 shot number 2. Using MozBackUp to create a fresh archive on a secondary HD seemed to solve that problem allowing me to import email accounts/passwords and emails. Emails up and running, I began the W10 exploration.

Firefox had been my browser of choice on W7. I looked at Edge but did not initially see an easy way to add bookmarks and passwords from FF so I continued my exploration using Firefox. After a W10 update/DEGRADE, every site on my Bookmark/Toolbar disappeared. No recovery is possible as dragging sites to that toolbar is now blocked. Opening my bookmarks folder shows it to be empty. I cannot bookmark sites anymore. Fortunately, my user names and passwords are still intact. Using a MozBackUp archive to recover my bookmarks also failed. I looked at Edge's imported from folder and it only showed 4 bookmarks from the FF installation file.

Where did my FF bookmarks go? How can I recover them? I depend on my bookmarks, especially those that I keep on the BM toolbar to function well on the internet. If Firefox Bookmarks cannot be recovered/used on W10, then I doubt that I will invest the required time and effort to build a usable Edge bookmark library. Nor will I keep W10 installed.

Can anyone point me to a solution. W8 came with a learning curve, but W10, so far, is not an improvement!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you make a backup of your Bookmarks? If so, all you need to do is import them.
I made my backup with MozBackUp rather than using html. Using that backup seemed not to work. However several hours later, my bookmarks reappeared as mysteriously as they vanished. W10 must be doing stuff in the background that is not visible to Windows Explorer.

Ask a Question