Not recognising Any USB devices

Reaction score
Suddenly, from one day to the next, my W10 stopped to recognise any externally connected devices. I've tried using my USB hub, I've tried plugging 4 different usb->micro USB cables(to get the faulty cable out of the equation) to the front of my PC as to the back where the majority of USBplugs are. But nothing. My devices only detect that some sort of power has been connected. I can't transfer any data between devices. It's not only one specific device. It happens to whatever I plug into USB. Regardless if it is a flash drive, my camera, tablet or my phone. It did work perfectly but one morning when I got up from the bed and wanted to transfer some files from the PC to my phone as I needed them for work, I just couldn't do it. The strange thing is that device manager doesn't show any errors in the USB section of the tree. So what's going on here? What happened??

Reaction score
HI binks,

are you using a 3rd party AntiVirus app and does that have any blocking settings for external devices?. :)

Reaction score
Yes, I am using KIS. But it shouldn;t have to anything to do with this as I was using it when USB worked as well. As Ive said, I haven't made any changes to the system - no new software, so new hardware, just one day system decided to stop recognising any external usbdevices

Reaction score
Binks Check Settings > Devices > Connected devices and see if your USB is listed if not you can add it to the connected device list.

Reaction score
Binks Check Settings > Devices > Connected devices and see if your USB is listed if not you can add it to the connected device list.
Did that, my phone is connected directly to my PC via USB and PC can't detect that there is something connected:(

Reaction score
Reaction score
HI binks,

can you provide a screenshot of what it is you are trying to disable in startup please. :)

Reaction score
I meant the "disable" button from Task manager which I access from Msconfig. The one at the bottom. This one
As at first I've done everything to perform clean boot as they reccomend here and up to the point where I run Task Manager from MSConfig, everything was ok, but since I can't press the "Disable" button, I guess it didn't work...?

Reaction score
First you have to highlight something before you can enable/disable it, did you do that?: ;)

startup.JPG

Reaction score
Now I see what do you mean. So no, I haven't before. It's just I thought that those are highlighted already. But they weren't. But now that I know that an when I successfully did perform a clean boot, the result was that just some of my defaults programmes run at startup were disabled, and that's all. I did plug my phone again after a clean boot, but the result was the same as before. so only power delivered to my phone:(

Reaction score
It seems a drive problem. I had the same issue with my Galaxy S6 Edge, which can't detect my by computer even I installed Samsung Kies. Finally, I installed another Android Manager app and it works afterwards.

Reaction score
@Wolfie - didn't touch those settings at all so this is not an issue cause if I didn't why it worked before and it's not working now?
@Tlcchinps But it's not only about my phone. It's also tablet, the other phone, camera, flash drives...

Ask a Question