Not Seeing It All

Reaction score
I have a frustration that I think emanates from Win10 ? All of this worked fine before leaving Win7 for Win10. I can bring up a web page for choosing seating for a ballgame. On Edge I do not see the screen area where you click to go on to another screen to select seats. There is an empty space where I used to see an Icon to click with wording. On Internet Explorer it is there, but the select portion is just an outline with the wording but no colorization, the click to proceed will work. On Mozilla there is just a line around the area nothing else. If I click where I should be able to,, nothing happens? I have noticed this lack of seeing things on other sites ! Any insight would be appreciated!

Reaction score
As Regedit mentioned a link to the ball game would be great.
Just a thought, Could it be possible that the web page is not selling advanced tickets yet? Have you could tried viewing in the compatibility mode. Also you might want to check I.E. Click on Tools tab; Tools > Internet options > Accessibility and uncheck "(Ignore colors on web pages" works with some web pages.

Reaction score
This is from Edge.
upload_2017-8-25_14-8-12.png

This is from IE.
upload_2017-8-25_14-11-17.png

Reaction score
The IE Internet Option change suggested by Norton did the trick. I do not see a similar setting to change in Edge? Trying to wean my way to using the new stuff instead sticking with the old and true...
Now I see this via IE.
upload_2017-8-25_14-37-32.png

Reaction score
That's great, Edge seems to lack features that are standard in other browsers. I think Chrome and Mozilla are picking up the fall out from unhappy Edge users, MS should take note.
I had the same problem when trying to order (IE) seating at concerts.
Just make sure you have an Old Milwaukee and a Foot Long on me. LOL

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'v taken a look at the website in question and I suspect the real issue comes from the website itself owing to the fact whoever created it is using CSS Styles which were deprecated a few years ago, and is also using <HTML> source code that does not meet the requirements for <HTML5> standards.

There is also some sloppy coding where closing tags do not match their opening tag.

Ultimately it will be up to web designers to get their act together and update sites, but for some clients the costs involved in doing this may be a barrier, although you'd think in this instance a site selling tickets would want to be using the correct source code given I'm assuming they want to stay in business.

Different browsers will handle poor source coding differently, but given Microsoft IE 11 and Edge are designed around HTML5 that would to me explain the anomalies you are seeing.

Edge will show that orange button - you can see it load as page opens, but as noted by the Opening Thread, it does disappear, and IE 11 will also display the orange button provided as Norton pointed out the Ignore colors specified on webpages under Internet Options > Accessibility is not checked in this case.

Microsoft Edge Internet settings are affected by accessing Internet Options, however, because its the new boy on the block per se, and the source code for the website in question simply is not good enough and no where near compatible with Microsoft Edge, the only real way to access this site using Microsoft's Edge browser would be to choose to open the site in Internet Explorer which can be done by selecting Edge's ellipsis . . . > Open with Internet Explorer

I do not currently have a copy of Mozilla browser handy so was unable to test that but can confirm Google Chrome also demonstrates display issues for this website, which do improve if you change the Internet Options > Accessibility as per IE 11 settings pane.

Reaction score
Regedit Great explanation. Pack guy should take you to a ball game, you'll love it.

Ask a Question