SOLVED Not wanted tile configuration showing full time in desktop

Bis

Reaction score
Just got a brand new dell computer from store with windows 10 factory installed a week ago.
Today the computer became non responsive; I had to reboot it.
Once rebooted, the <windows>+<D> no longer works, the display has changed similar to windows 8 (?!?!) and I can't get rid of the tiles in the desktop. What has happened?
I am very disappointed with windows. I miss my old computer.
What a piece of junk windows 10 is.
:(
Issues Jan 3 2016.jpg

Reaction score
... you can right click each tile one by one and hit delete ... better still d/l & install " Classic Shell " which will overlay W10 and things will appear & behave like W7 with program list etc ... it's free & runs fine ... http://www.classicshell.net/

Reaction score
You have gone into tablet mode.
Click the 4 bar icon on the left.to get into settings. Go to System - Tablet and switch off the tablet mode.

Bis

Reaction score
Hi Davehc,

Thanks for your tip. You have solved the problem.
I went to Settings -> Tablet mode -> OFF
upload_2016-1-4_6-19-23.png

Bis

Reaction score
... you can right click each tile one by one and hit delete ... better still d/l & install " Classic Shell " which will overlay W10 and things will appear & behave like W7 with program list etc ... it's free & runs fine ... http://www.classicshell.net/

Hi Bun Yippee,
Thanks for your reply. I just learned that the computer was full time in tablet mode.
I preferred switching it off tablet mode since deleting each tile would still leave me in the tablet mode missing regular commands.

Ask a Question