Nothing will open??

Reaction score
Finally got windows 10 downloaded. Have had nothing but issues.

Alienware x51 R2

First, I get a black screen instead of a log in screen. I can still log in but can't see anything.

Here's my biggest issues, NOTHING is showing up on my screen except for my background, Skype, the start menu, and the menu bar.

I can open programs and they show as being opened in the menu bar but NOTHING SHOWS UP on my screen. Skype is the only program that will actually show up.

I can't open command prompt
I can't open task manager
I can't open settings

They all show as open but do not appear.

Reaction score
This happened to me, I started playing Dirty Bomb, game freezes, I restart the pc, log in, extra monitors switch off eventhough they are plugged in, cant open/do anything apart from google chrome (that is how i am writing this).
Anyone know how to fix it?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello shawn and welcome to the forum.
You've joined a thread that is almost a year old, the last post prior to yours was August 12 2015.
Please take the time to create your own thread and provide some specifics as to your exact issue(s) rather than just a "me too".
AND
Some information about your Computer that is having the problem.
Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number (complete model number, a Dell XPS 17 is a model number but not complete as there are multiple iterations of that model)
Likewise some information about your current installation.....
Version of Windows as in Build Number, Pro or Home, 32 or 64 bit....
Is it an upgrade?
IF so.... from what previous version of Windows?
Is it a clean install?

Those types of things might help someone provide a response to your inquiry. Especially if they have had similar problems with a similar computer, upgrade, version, etc, etc.

Ask a Question