NTvdm.exe has stopped working in windows 10 32 bit

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

There is problem while run foxpro programs in Windows 10 32 bit, - NTVDM.EXE has stopped working.

Regards
Menon

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
that looks like it's evoking the old 16 bit application utility.......
What version of FoxPro are you running?
Maybe consider an upgrade of FoxPro.... if that is an option?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Any luck setting the app's .exe file (which ever application is producing the error), to run in compatibility mode, maybe choosing Win 7 or something previous?

AND DUDE.... It really doesn't help to use big bold fonts. As a matter of fact it's kinda rude.

Reaction score
Any luck setting the app's .exe file (which ever application is producing the error), to run in compatibility mode, maybe choosing Win 7 or something previous?

AND DUDE.... It really doesn't help to use big bold fonts. As a matter of fact it's kinda rude.
Sorry for the bold letters. It is not working in compatibility mode also.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Then I got nothin.....
Sorry. Maybe someone else might have another suggestion.
There may be a general problem with 16 bit apps on Windows 10.... I just don't have any to test with and consequently no experience or ability to reproduce the problem.

Reaction score
Thank you brother, Now it is working after system installed two security updates for Windows10. Microsoft is getting error reports and correct them. Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
hi im using msdos shortcut link to a .bat file with location on a mapped drive on network, it worked great on win7 32 bit , now after i upgraded wont start displays " 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem NTVDM has encountered a System Error A device attached to the system is not functioning. choose close to terminate the app. " all settings are same as on win7 taget is on drive Z:\ start is in win\sys32...
everything other program on that drive is working like before except this DOS program
and to mention mapped drive is on win7 32 bit if thats has something to do with this issue
thanks in advance , realy tryed all i can find on forums , last thing left to instal mini XP but dunno if i can set the clipper on XP , win 7 was easer to use "D

Reaction score
lolz sory guys now its working simply i had cheked the box where says " Use legacy console " relaunch and works

Ask a Question