Nvidia - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000003e)

Reaction score
Hey guys so here's the problem:
I have no idea how many times I've freshly reinstalled my entire PC just for this error to come up again. Its always nvidia geforce (shadow play) that's messing up, The pictures are attached below i get this error every time i try to open geforce i just cant find the problem i have tried everything but cant get it fix. It works perfect for a day or two after fresh windows but then it starts showing this error again and it sometimes affects my other programs like wallpaper engine :( Some help would be seriously appreciated because I've given up..

Attachments

• 1-min.png
    1-min.png
    459.7 KB · Views: 460
  • 2.png
    2.png
    624.8 KB · Views: 429
  • 3-min.png
    3-min.png
    445.9 KB · Views: 403
Reaction score
I my self removed Shadow Play. also remove your wallpaper and try again. Thousands of people are having the same errors, and mostly Nvidia are not helping. several say/found reinstall the NVidia Driver over the Windows driver. and see, then try to reinstall wallpaper engine is compatibility mode.

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 19541.1000 2004 Enterprise. I am a Official Windows Insider on Fast ring. and I dropped NVidia and went to Radeon where I have less issues on every thing Video. and all Drivers I get directed from AMD. CPU is a Ryzen 9 3900x @4275 M, GPU is Radeon RX 580 home built using ASRock x570 Motherboard.
1578665906032.png

spec sheet for GPU = https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/amd-radeon-rx-580.b5129

Reaction score
Could be an issue with drivers for the Nvidia app you have/had?. Try cleaning out any older drivers if you switched from Nvidia to AMD Radeon.

There are new drivers for AMD available now (latest software app for their GPU's):

https://www.amd.com/en/support :)

Ask a Question