Odd Action Centre Problem

Reaction score
Hello there, I did a search and I think I am the first to encounter this problem.

I took my HP Envy laptop to the office today and when the boss left, I packed it up and came back to my hovel. It was working fine then.

So I got here and plugged it back in. Now the Action Centre is stuck open. I have clicked on the cartoon talk bubble but that does nothing. But wait, there's more....

None of the icons on the task bar work. (I have mine on top of the screen, it is usually on the bottom.) The Windows icon is colored orange. The circle for the assistant does not work. The store does not work, the file thing does not work.

All the odder since I am typing this to you just fine. Other than these strange things, I am able to use most of the screen. I swear I did nothing to break this silly thing.

A couple of restarts did not good.

Little help?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I took a nap and came back to it.

I opened Task Manager and discovered a bunch of stuff (like Store) were supposedly open. I closed them all and now things seem OK.

Thank you.

Ask a Question