ODD (CD/DVD-r) will not 'write' after Windows 10 install

Reaction score
Alright, so this seems to be a common issue... but none of the standard fixes are working.

First off, My system hardware is all standard devices for my:
Toshiba Satellite Model: L855-S5240
Intel Core i5-2450M CPU
CD/DVD-RW Combo Drive

After installing Windows 10 (from Windows 7 x64 Enterprise), The Optical Drive reads just fine, but doesn't seem to want to write files to disc at all.

1.) I've already deleted the Upper & Lower Filters from the Registry as a first step - No Change.
2.) Since I DO have iTunes installed on the computer, I also went through the iTunes ODD troubleshooting steps; I manually removed the dreaded GEAR Driver application and manually removed the 2 Entries (GEARAspiWDM and UpperFilter) from each of the three GEAR Driver Registry keys :

1.) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
2.) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6D807884-7D21-11CF-801C-08002BE10318}
3.) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{CE5939AE-EBDE-11D0-B181-0000F8753EC4}
No Change

3.) After Stepping through the above steps, I rebooted the system - No Change
4.) I tried writing files to CD-r using 2 other CD burning utilities (IMGBurn and Windows Disc Burner) - System will Read... but still will not Write to CD using IMGBurn, Windows, nor iTunes.

At this point, I'm at a loss and need any help I can find.
Does Anyone have any ideas on what to possibly try next to get the ODD(CD/DVD-R) to write in Windows 10?

Reaction score
Curious...................
How did you get to install Windows 10 on your Win 7 Enterprise ?

Free Windows 10 upgrade offer does not applied to Enterprise OSes.

Ask a Question