You'd be wiser to download the standalone installer of this update from Microsoft directly:
Having done that you should follow their installation instructions:
Note: Administrators should refer to the Administrator resources section.
If you have Microsoft Office 2003, do one of the following:
- Use Microsoft Update (recommended). Microsoft Update consolidates updates provided by Windows Update and Office Update into one location and enables you to choose automatic delivery and installation of high-priority updates.
- Use Office Update on the Office Online Web site. Office Update automatically detects Office and prompts you to install updates and service packs that bring Office programs up-to-date.
- Install Update for Office 2003 (KB907417). To do this, follow these steps:
- Download the .exe file by clicking on the Download button at the top of the page, and then save the file to your hard disk drive.
- office2003-kb907417-fullfile-enu.exe: You might need to provide the installation source during patch installation if you have previously updated your product.
- It is recommended that you quit any programs you are running.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the .exe file that you saved to your hard disk drive, and follow the instructions on the screen.
Administrators working in managed environments can find complete resources for deploying Office updates in an organization on the Office Admin Update Center. On that site, scroll down and look under the Update Resources section for the product version you are updating.
The download for this update is available by clicking on the Download button at the top of the page. You can double-click the executable package to begin installation, or extract the patch files (MSP files) by using a command line. The command line and instructions are included in the Knowledge Base article (197147): Command-Line Switches For IExpress Software Update Packages.
See the Microsoft Knowledge Base article Description of the Update for Office 2003 (KB907417) for further information about this update.
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
|Office 2013 "Operating system not configured to run this application"||0|
|SOLVED Open Office Documents changed to Word after update||4|
|Office 365 and Office 2019 64 bit||6|
|Office 365/ Outlook compatibility issue with Nuance Dragon||2|
|Office install wants me to repair Office 2003 but I've already removed that program||8|
|Microsoft Office 2007||2|
|How do I stop Office 2003 (KB907417) update when I only use the picture manager?||1|
|Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 junk mail problem||0|