SOLVED Office 2007 Updates

Bif

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a copy of Office 2007 Enterprise Blue edition on my home laptop and have had for eons.. this a.m. I have a bunch of updates waiting to be installed and one of which I'm thinking will cause me no end grief..should I ??? shouldn't I ??? and it it even possible not to install them?..if I did install them can I uninstall the Validation Ad-In later? or will it already have done it's damage?
Here's a screen shot.
Thanks in advance!
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Bif

Reaction score
I'm not sure we are here to propagate illegal actions.
??..there have been hundreds of posts on here suggesting from a number of people about downloading software for this that and the other from torrent sites, that to me is stealing and far more illegal than using an enterprise edition software with a key on a home computer just saying..I've edited my OP to reflect that it's a legit enterprise copy with key but I'm using it on a home PC..
So no suggestion?

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you notice the first word in the updates name SECURITY. Thats means it's removing a vulnerability.

Reaction score
If it wasn't legal it wouldn't activate. Also MS used to allow vaild business users of Office licenses to install at home.

Bif

Reaction score
If it wasn't legal it wouldn't activate. Also MS used to allow vaild business users of Office licenses to install at home.
I'm aware of what the updates are Jake, my concern is since upgrading to 10 I've received NO updates for Office 2007 and rarely when I was running 7...now with running an enterprise edition on my home pc will these updates cause problems with the fact that this is what I'm using??
Long story short will the Microsoft gods shut my Office 2007 down because I'm not a business or company or does this matter?...I was under the impression it was.

Reaction score
Updates are released when vulnerbilities are discovered. Alos whether you Windows 10 is Home, Pro or Enterprise it's still Windows 10 and the difference between the 3 are licenses and what extra's you get. You don't need to be a busiiness to run the enterprise version of Office as long as you (purchase)/acquire the proper license. Office will not activate without the license requirement being met. Sometimes it doesn't activate even when the requirement is met and you have to call MS. I wouldn't let the updates scare you because if MS has a probelm they would have let you know a long time ago.

Ask a Question