Office 2016 Pro Plus

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Why doesn't updates for my Office suite not come through the regular updates channel from MS. I have to manually update my office suite. Even though my Ofiice suite is set to update automatically, it never does. I have to open either word, or outlook and then go to accounts and then updates and manually hit the update button.

This is freaking crazy. If you look in your update history for windows 10, you will see that there are no updates for Office. Well there are no updates for office showing for me in there. I can't figure this out.

Reaction score
I assume you have checked the appropriate marks??
2017-03-29_063804.jpg

Reaction score
I disabled the 2016 updates. Seemed they were mostly security focused. An easier decision to make than stopping the OS updates.

Reaction score
I had 2016 on a couple of computers. I found another bug(?) whenever I attempted a search for office 2016 related items, I always seemed to end up on a predestined link to office 365, of which I have no interest. I am slowly changing back to 2013, which does pretty much all I need and does collect updates regularly.

Reaction score
Hi,

A similar or slightly different Office update problem.

I bought Office home and student. Now each time I open a Word document, there is an orange band indicating that updates are available. When accepting this, it doesn't work.
Confession! I had this problem before, and it was solved by a forum expert. But I have forgotten the procedure, and cannot find the forum.

The problem arises because my computer is trying to update Office 365, when I have actually bought Home and Student, with a key to install it.

Can anyone kindly remind me how to get my Office documents to refer to my paid for account, and remove these annoying reminders to 'update'?

Thanks,

Clive.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I had 2016 on a couple of computers. I found another bug(?) whenever I attempted a search for office 2016 related items, I always seemed to end up on a predestined link to office 365, of which I have no interest. I am slowly changing back to 2013, which does pretty much all I need and does collect updates regularly.

Same for me.....plus I don't like the fact that MS is forcing 365 upon us users.

Ask a Question