Office 2016 shiny and new...

Bif

Reaction score
Just uninstalled our antiquated Office 2007 Enterprise edition last night for the sparkly new fandangled Office 2016..it was offered free through my wife's school account so couldn't pass on it.
Sure is different from the old (and comfortably familiar) 2007 version, I sense a minor learning curve in navigation but it seems like an interesting layout thus far.
And best of all, it hasn't caused any issues on the system!....
yet!
Maybe Tomorrow I'll take the 8track out of the truck!

Reaction score
Does it have desktop programs or just Apps, I had upgraded to 2013 and didn't know that I needed Plus editions to get the actual desktop programs. I'm not into cloud stuff so I still want the program on my hard drive. so that I can work with whether I have internet connection or not.

Bif

Reaction score
Does it have desktop programs or just Apps, I had upgraded to 2013 and didn't know that I needed Plus editions to get the actual desktop programs. I'm not into cloud stuff so I still want the program on my hard drive. so that I can work with whether I have internet connection or not.
Not entirely sure what you mean by apps or desktop programs, but I can pin any or all to either the desktop,start or taskbar...as I can with any other program.
Haven't had the time to delve too deeply into the suite yet, but it looks promising!

Reaction score
I have the subscription Office 2016. Regular desktop programs. Every so often, once a month maybe, they do like to connect to Office.com to make sure you are still licenced...if the internet is missing at that point they still seem to work. Obviously a fully paid Office would not do that but IIRC that is several hundred $$ although I am not sure a person rather than a corporation can buy it that way any more.

Reaction score
I installed Office 2010 last year after the upgrade, it works as designed with Windows 10 ON or OFF line. The most used office programs I pinned to the start menu. I still receive MS Office security updates.

T_J

Reaction score
Since updating to 1703 recently my MS 2010 Office Starter still works great (Dell installed Office Starter free in 2012, it survived W7 to W10 free upgrade, and all W10 upgrades since).

Ask a Question