Office Outlook problem with gmail accounts in windows 10

Reaction score
After I upgraded to windows 10 I noticed that although 4 email accounts linked to Outlook performed as normal one account was not clearing the current days mail. Only yesterdays mail showed. This account had pop enabled and also imap enabled. Another account with identical settings had no problems delivering the mail on time.
I attempted to repair the account in Outlook but got the error message
" Your IMAP server want to alert you to the following: please log in via your web browser.
https://support.google.com/mail/accounts/answer/78754(failure)"

This I did and turned off POP. Restarted pc. No joy. attempted repair. no joy. Rebooted
Opened Outlook and deleted the account with the intention of rebooting and reinstalling but the same message came through for my attempt to create new account in Outlook
OK I will open a NEW gmail and redirect from the original online and use the NEW account in Outlook.
Got the exact same message.
Can anyone help?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure if this is you issue or not, but I remember having a similar issue with my wife's Gmail in Outlook, after I had enable two stage or two layer (or whatever their term was for it) security in her Gmail.
It just simply would not allow the account to function within Outlook, so......
I went back to her Gmail account (on line) and disabled it.
Before you ask, I don't remember exactly how, but as I recall it wasn't too difficult

Ask a Question