offline after first use

Reaction score
I just got a new Dell laptop (for my new job where we have no tech support) and set it up late in the day. My last Windows version was 7.1 so the set up seemed different with 10. When I attempted my second use (at home) the start up process stopped at the log in screen. My email identity on that screen was my new work email and I had not fully set it up to receive emails. When I attempt to log in the screen says " your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device". I am sure I am using the right password. Other times it will direct to to login to accounts.live.com but I have tried that a few times and now I am locked out of that site. I have tried numerous WiFi systems with no difference. Please help.

Reaction score
I to am having this issue i am locked out of my computer and i have tried every passwors i have ever had and none of them work. On top of that i have called microsoft 3 days in a row and eveyone sends to somwone else and then i get put on hold. I have been on hold for over 3 hours today alone. I am very frustrated because i need my computer and can't seem to get any help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sometimes in the case of laptops specifically, there is a keyboard driver issues which seems to set the NumLock key to on by default, and..... it may or maynot be indicated by the appropriate light showing up.

You can....
A. Evoke the On Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access Icon on the LogIn Screen
OR
B. Use the little "Eye" icon in the password text box to confirm that the password you think you are entering, is actually the password that is being entered.
All windows passwords are case sensitive

Reaction score
Sometimes in the case of laptops specifically, there is a keyboard driver issues which seems to set the NumLock key to on by default, and..... it may or maynot be indicated by the appropriate light showing up.

You can....
A. Evoke the On Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access Icon on the LogIn Screen
OR
B. Use the little "Eye" icon in the password text box to confirm that the password you think you are entering, is actually the password that is being entered.
All windows passwords are case sensitive
I have done all of this and i am still locked from computer. This is not an issue with me or my laptop, i truly believe this an issue cause from windows 10

Ask a Question