Older games not working

Reaction score
I have a custom built pc: MSI Z87M Gaming MB, MSI Geforce GTX 750 TI, 8GB Ram, 750W PS, Intel I5-4590 CPU. I upgraded to Windows 10 when they first started the process, which has almost been a year now. My problem is that I am having quiet a bit of trouble playing older games. I recently purchased the Mass Effect Triology and even playing the game in compatibility modes the game would freeze/screen go black and I would get a msg that Mass Effect1,2,3 (whichever I was playing at the time} has been denied access to the graphics hardware. It happened on all 3 games of the trilogy and now I'm trying to play Warframe and getting the same message with this game. For the last week, I have been playing the closed beta for Riders of Icarus and have not had a bit of problem. I have searched the web over for a fix for this problem, which I have noticed a lot of ppl having, but no fix to be found. Things I have done is used DDU to uninstall all my graphic drivers, then reinstalled each one listed, just so I would have some to roll back too. Unfortunately, rolling back or just installing an earlier driver doesn't fix anything. I have cleaned and dusted out everything in my pc. I tried different compatibility modes, which also didn't help. Turned off all of my start up programs and I have uninstalled the latest Windows update dated 5/20 and then I turned off windows updates. My next step is returning to Windows 7, because I never had these problems on Seven. I have this and also my cpu, memory and disk spiking to 100% when just sitting idle. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Some had had issues running them others don't. Have you tried a clean install of Windows? Upgrading notoriously causes issues, especially gaming.

Reaction score
Don't have a Windows 10 disk and not sure I want one. Seriously thinking to switching back to Windows 7. Not just for this problem, but also I don't like MS putting updates on my system w/o knowing what they are first. With W10, MS thinks they know what is best for your system. I really don't like that. Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
One of the way is install virtual machine (WMWare, Virtual box) with Windows 7 and play game in it, hope it help.

Ask a Question