On Boot Up No Keyboard

Reaction score
Has anybody had a problem on boot up where the keyboard is unresponsive and so unable to sign in to windows ? the only fix is to carry out a re start and then all is well.

Reaction score
If you're talking about a USB keyboard, I've had it happen occasionally. Simply unplug the keyboard from the USB port, then plug it in again. Problem solved (hopefully).

Reaction score
In the past two days, as soon as I've logged into Windows 10 I can no longer type anything. The keys just produce a click through the speakers. Even stranger, if I hold down a letter key for two clicks then release, it prints the letter. I've tried two different keyboards and they both become disabled in this way.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
In the past two days, as soon as I've logged into Windows 10 I can no longer type anything. The keys just produce a click through the speakers. Even stranger, if I hold down a letter key for two clicks then release, it prints the letter. I've tried two different keyboards and they both become disabled in this way.
Are the keyboards you are using, wireless or wired (USB, PS2, etc.)

Reaction score
Are the keyboards you are using, wireless or wired (USB, PS2, etc.)
They are wireless, but I don't think that was the problem. I discovered the solution on some other forum somewhere, and the answer is to be found in the keyboard settings. I'm not sure how they got changed, but on going into Settings/Ease of Access/Keyboard I found the keyboard filters switched on. I switched them off and all was well again.

Ask a Question