One drive bad image error

Reaction score
At the end of the installation process for win10 on my win 7 laptop I was surprised that iobit uninstaller wanted to remove some leftovers of one drive suggesting it had already uninstalled it. When I rebooted (and from then on) I get an error message telling me that LoggingPlatform.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error (with the pop up box labelled as one drive.exe bad image error). If I click OK on this the laptop just freezes. If I leave this error message up I can use most of windows 10 although cant shut it down properly or get task manager up. Also if I click OK I get a MSVCP120.dll error showing (with the laptop frozen). I cant install one drive as it tells me I have a more recent version (the version available on line would be for windows 8) and I cant get a pristine new version as I understand it is now deeply embedded in win10 and cant be separately installed. I am using this laptop as a test case for my win8.1 desktop and am reluctant to do anything on the desktop until this error is sorted (in case it happens on the desktop).

Ask a Question