One drive to rule them all?

Reaction score
I purchased a new Windows 10 PC the other day to replace my dying windows 7 unit.

Set it up over 2-3 hours, transferred some files and my music library from my old computer then noticed that many of the folders and icons had a grey X in the lower corner. Google research suggested that Onedrive was the culprit. Deciding that I didn't need to have my few files mirrored in the cloud I unlinked Onedrive from my account and lo and behold the contents of my folders were gone as were most icons and folders from the desktop. Drop box and all of my printer driver addons were gone. My music folder was nowhere to be seen.

What a bunch of arrogant people microsoft are. Just because I don't want their stinking onedrive they wipe the pointers to my stuff?

I was able to reinstate the missing stuff, from "recent files" and elsewhere but don't these people understand that these files belong to me, as does the computer, and they have no right to do this?

Will onedrive reinstate itself and confiscate my files again after one of the daily microsoft mega updates?

Reaction score
Hi Dnalor,

the best thing to do with OneDrive is to uninstall it, this is what I always do, I don't rely on cloud services as anyone can hack them and also uploading/downloading can lead to problems with files afterwards!.

Look in Settings > App & features > Right click and remove it: :):):)

upload_2018-10-26_7-44-28.png

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie, I will uninstall and hopefully windows 10 won't take any retaliatory action ;-)

Ask a Question