One key recovery not working, winre not starting

Reaction score
My laptop crashed last week. I haven’t installed anything on there for the past year, and I’ve only started using it again in August and only to play 1 game (which was installed a few years ago).

Computer info:
Lenovo g5080
Windows 10
Not sure what else I would need to add or if I would even know any of that info.

One key recovery- doesn’t work
Safe mode- doesn’t work
System restore (to a previous restore point)- doesn’t work
Previous windows version- doesn’t work
USB boot- don’t have
Cd boot- more info below
Bios/uefi- inaccessible due to forgotten password
Command prompt- useless when it was accessible, didn’t try to rebuild bcd

When my laptop first crashed it first said there was an error code of bad system config and it kept starting into an automatic repair loop and system recovery wasn’t working, I left it sitting for 1 hour, 3 hours, etc several times and was still at 0 bytes/minute every single time. So I quit trying that. At that time I didn’t have a cd to reinstall windows 10 (so at the time it wasn’t an option).

Booting into safe mode isn’t even an option as it won’t fully load, for some reason there’s not enough space when transferring from one drive into x drive (where I assume it loads safe mode). No matter how many times I tried.

Yesterday my sister made me a windows 10 cd except now I can’t get into the winre advanced options.

When I start my laptop now it checks media then blue window pops up:
EFI network 0 for ipv4 (68-f7-28-f8-2c)
Checking media...
EFI network 0 for ipv6 (68-f7-28-f8-2c)
Loading files...
Lenovo loading screen
System recovery
Turn off, turn on, & repeat^

Now that I have the windows installation cd I’m unable to get into the advanced start up options.

Reaction score
Bios/uefi- inaccessible due to forgotten password
Hi Elcab,

unplug from the mains and remove the laptop battery, then find the handbook for your model and simply take the CMOS battery out and leave it out for 30 mins, replace the battery which should clear BIOS/UEFI passwords, you will need to reset the clock/system date & time!.

BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU HAVE TO REMOVE ANY PARTS TO GET TO THE BATTERY; REMEMBER WHERE YOU TOOK THEM FROM!. ;)

Boot from USB stick/DVD and choose Advanced Options, see from "If you can't boot Windows 10," here:

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/advanced-startup-options.38/

See also:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/de/en/lenovorecovery :)

Reaction score
Whether a one key recovery might work would depend on the age of the system and how you got to Win 10. Upgrades from a prior OS might break the ability to complete such a process.

The fact it is showing needing a Network boot device means a normal boot drive is not currently available. The drive may have failed or some other situation may be keeping it from being seen. Make sure and check the Bios to see if your drive is being recognized. If not, Wolfe's process may help or unplugging the drive and rebooting a couple of times may get the Bios to see it after it is reconnected.

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it was free upgrade, if I remember correctly I bought it was a windows 8 laptop around 2014 I think.

I will try looking for the handbook online and try it, thanks. Only problem with that is I tried removing the cover already and 1 of the screws won’t come out. So I’m not sure what to do about that.

This Saturday I may just take it into a repair shop as it’s my only free day. I’ll see if I can recover some of the pictures/videos from this past year which I don’t think I saved to an external drive yet, but all previous pictures/videos I did.

Ask a Question