SOLVED OneDrive Capacity Problem

Reaction score
I hope I am in the right place with my problem.

I decided to give MS OneDrive a try as I am subscribing to MS Office 365. This subscription claims a 1TB capacity. On OneDrive.com it shows that 1TB is indeed the size. However, on my desktop OneDrive folder, the capacity is not shown at all. When I attempt to copy files to OneDrive on my desktop, it informs me that the files are too large although they are not anywhere near 1TB in size which suggests that there two different OneDrives. I am signed in on my MS account and my desktop using the same sign-in info. There appears to be no syncing problem. I have not been able to find a solution on the Internet including Microsoft.

Thanks for any advice, Wolfgang

Reaction score
I right click on the OneDrive icon in File explorer. Shows me that the folder ON MY PC contains 1.47Gb of files.
My C drive is a 250Gb SSD so that would be the limit to how much I could send to OneDrive I think. Perhaps this is the same for you. I use OneDrive to transfer files between machines as well as cloud storage. If I had a machine here with enough space on C: to store 1TB to send to Onedrive I'm sure it would work, but if I had a 2nd machine like my current one with only 250GB I am sure I could only download upto that C: limit.

Does that sound right?

Reaction score
I right click on the OneDrive icon in File explorer. Shows me that the folder ON MY PC contains 1.47Gb of files.
My C drive is a 250Gb SSD so that would be the limit to how much I could send to OneDrive I think. Perhaps this is the same for you. I use OneDrive to transfer files between machines as well as cloud storage. If I had a machine here with enough space on C: to store 1TB to send to Onedrive I'm sure it would work, but if I had a 2nd machine like my current one with only 250GB I am sure I could only download upto that C: limit.

Does that sound right?

Thanks so much for your reply, Tim.

My Dell XPS 8900 has exactly what you indicated in your reply as it has a 250GB SSD as Drive C with the OS (Win10). I moved OneDrive from my User folder on Drive C to one of my 2TB hard drives and all is well.

Thanks again, Wolfgang

Ask a Question