OneDrive

Reaction score
has disappeared on this Win10 laptop - tried re-installing .. nothing .. nope not here .. don't much care - but it is odd

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check here
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Update\OneDriveSetup.exe
may require a reboot.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
You may need to tick the box to show "Hidden Items" to be able to see the "app data" folder from the ribbon under view.

Reaction score
Yes - understand that - have run this now -as I did from the download - but does not appear to do anything.

Ran it 2 second time as admin (although I am the admin anyways)

A little 2 quick with the nothing maybe - what it did appear to do was create a desktop.ini file (twice since I ran it twice) on the desktop of the prev win 8 machines (4) but not on the prev win 7 machines
but still no icon in notification area on the machine from which it ran (BTW - notification area set to always show all, never combine etc)

(IGNORE FOLLOWING - is happening - but its a different computer )
There a curious thing happening with this machine also .. 6 machines and all are on the same workgroup and same homegroup and all see each other .. my bittrorent sync keeps local files
all synced between them and Sync.com is my cloud app that keeps offsite files - all this works
perfectly on all 6 machines .. HOWEVER - each time I use file explorer on a different machine - if I go to NETWORK - 5 of the machines are shown - but its takes a minute or 2 to rediscover this machine
that is the problem .. (have no idea if that's related but it is def happening)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Check here
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Update\OneDriveSetup.exe
may require a reboot.
i am having the same problem--i've had it before but eventually resolved. out of the blue, i will look in notification area and icon will be GONE. usually, in file explorer, the folder and files are still there, but without the green checkmarks. well, today, EVERYTHING is gone, and clicking on the setup file i have saved brings up the message that i have a newer version downloaded and need to uninstall this one first--which is not possible. going into the above-mentioned file and clicking on that does nothing at all as well, same with clicking on the onedrive desktop app. trying the new setup file i downloaded brings up 'preparing onedrive for first use', i hear the HD speed up-band then NOTHING HAPPENS. i cannot recall if it was something i did last time that repaired the problem, or if setup eventually did work, but i with the number of times this has happened already, i am kind of surprised it worked for as long as it did. last time this happened, microsoft told me to do the usual--reinstall the OS. i KNOW this is not necessary. can ANYONE offer any help here?? thanks.

Ask a Question