OneNote - How to back out of Draw Tab

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I just started using OneNote and, as I am learning it, I am making notes in OneNote. So I started with notes on using the Home tab, then notes on Insert tab, then notes on the Draw tab, and then I was stymied. I can not figure out how to get back to Standard Text input (e.g. from Home tab). Everything I do is done in the Draw mode text box. I will try shutting down OneNote and restarting, but I am not hopeful. This should be (and maybe is) an obvious action.
Thanks!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi NickGC,

Welcome to the Forum.

I normally just select the Home tab with mouse, but you can also press Alt + H while in Draw tab to switch to Home.

I'm not sure though this is what your issue is, as it seems from your post that One Note is perhaps not responding.

Could you clarify please.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks - I'll attach an image that shows the problem.

Down to the period after the second "self-explanatory", everything on the page was done in Text mode from the Home tab (well, except the View Tab info which I had to insert later since I can't get out of Draw mode to put it last).

The line of dashes with "End" is where I wanted to get out of Draw mode.

As you can see from the letter "f" followed by the cursor, regardless of which tab I am in it presents a Draw tab style text box. It's driving me crazy and I will get on my iPad that this PC is synched with and see if I have the same problem.

https://goo.gl/photos/8fvv6mMkkkS9Qp6x6

Regedit32

Reaction score
While in Draw tab click the select Objects or Type Text icon then switch to Home tab and now click where your cursor is, or anywhere else you wish to add text.

If you click where that cursor is in your image, the text frame will appear as it does in your image. While typing there, if you choose the Draw tab, you can draw inside it, then using the Select objects / text icon you can select the drawing and move it wherever you want on page.

Sample image

sample.png

Ask a Question