Only receiving some of my email

Reaction score
The Windows 10 Mail has never worked for me. The message is "Nothing has arrived yet." I am using Mozilla Thunderbird instead and I'm able to send messages but am not receiving all the messages that are sent to me. This problem has been going on for several months now and I've found if I leave the Thunderbird program running all day I receive most of my messages. If I turn it off for an hour or so, the messages being sent to me never arrive. I hope someone can help - I bought a new PC thinking something was wrong with the old one. Same problem with the new one. I updated to the newest satellite internet system, same problem.

Reaction score
I don't use thunderbird, but all mail programs have a setting which you can customise, as to how often the server looks for mail. It is normally somewhere in your account settings.
Watch this thread, and a member who uses Thunderbird will give you full details.
Windows 10 Mail has the same function, but it is controlled through Hotmail, or the server you use.

Reaction score
Actually, I have used Hotmail since it was a paid for service. Recently I was informed that all Hotmail, Live, gmail,etc are processed by Outlook
As to Thunderbird I did a search on "Thunderbird not working in windows 10" and found many articles / proposed fixes.
As for me, I added all my email accounts to Windows 10 Mail and the only problem I have is it sends "good" email to Junk and I have to periodically re-direct it.

PS: Firefox / Mozilla is undergoing many changes just now -

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I read correctly. The OP has thunderbird working, but is not apparently, receiving all messages.

FWIW. Hotmail a paid for service? It is free. It was rebranded to outlook I think back around 2013. Users were allowed to continue using their "Hotmail "address, but, in fact, it was automatically rerouted to Outlook.

Reaction score
If I read correctly. The OP has thunderbird working, but is not apparently, receiving all messages.

FWIW. Hotmail a paid for service? It is free. It was rebranded to outlook I think back around 2013. Users were allowed to continue using their "Hotmail "address, but, in fact, it was automatically rerouted to Outlook.
Yeah but, back in the early days it was subscription service. I still pay yearly fee to keep my hotmail name. The name I have been using since Windows 9x. It is in too many places to risk losing it

I guess the question I should have asked was if Thunderbird had a Junk folder that grabs email like my hotmail account. Since Win 10 Mail, it seems to be dropping a lot more there while showing "Nothing has arrived yet." for inbox.

Reaction score
I think if you wanted extra space, then it was on a subscription basis. (Hotmail plus) The standard, online, Hotmail has , as far as I know free. I think I began using it since Microsoft bought and launched it.
Outlook is also free.

Anyway,we digress. As you suggest, maybe the OP could have a look in the junk folder, and also the fairly new inbox feature "Focused", if wishing to try Mail again.

Last edited:

Ask a Question