Open letter Microsoft & tech support. (sent to "wehelp" minutes ago)

Reaction score
Subject: You need to know what your "tech" support team is doing.

In regards to your tech support team there are practices that are going on that I feel you should be made aware of. (Since this includes the American team, the specific call center is irrelevant) Let me adresse the elephant in the room first; the negative comments I made in my last e-mail with your “answer desk” team. I called, like millions of ppl, because of troubles with Windows 10 install. So I called and had a tier 1 do a remote connection rescue session, (aug 27th) to no avail. Was scheduled from 12-2 on a Saturday, time came & went. Called after 3 (I’m on EST) was told by another tier 1 csr that I would be called within the hour. This didn’t happen either. So, rather than call the same ppl that lied to me, twice,(and take 90 minutes to do it) I spoke with someone in sales manager. She agreed to escalate it, so I could get a callback from a PROFESSIONAL, not someone who doesn’t understand that my time is just as valuable. When I got the first e-mail, I was polite, said I wasn’t interested in any “help” from their team, and that I had escalated the problem to someone else. When I received the second e-mail, I was not cordial, but wasn’t rude either. (imo) When I received the THIRD e-mail asking if I wanted help, despite stating twice I wasn’t interested & to leave me alone, I absolutely dropped a f-bomb. I shouldn’t have had to do that, but afterwards it seemed they got the point.

Now for the reason for this e-mail.

On Saturday I actually found an answer for my problem, (and wanted to share) so I called at 7:30 pm. (Since the robo-voice said it would take 90 minutes, I didn’t see a problem.) Four hours later, (that’s right, 11:30 PM!) I got a call from India, spoke with a csr named “Ram” and asked him what time it was where he was, “9 am he replied.” I asked him do you know what time it is over here? He didn’t, so I told him. He then went on like there wasn’t a problem! (Let me also add that when I was called at 11:35 pm, I was placed on HOLD for 15 minutes! Doesn’t this defeat the whole purpose of a “callback”?)

I was incredulous. I called first thing in the morning, (back to sales for the reasons stated above) and no one cared! I “asked” for a callback, so it was “on me”. I couldn’t help but think to myself “some poor shlub called after I did, and was more likely woken up at 2-3 AM and it was “on them” too!

Look at this situation in its entirety, it’s madness. The whole thing is broken. You have poorly trained tech support ppl who can’t possibly handle the call volume in a reasonable time-frame, csr’s acting like there isn’t an issue at all & throwing out callback times impossible to follow, and your sales team getting these calls cause who wants to wait 1 ½- 4 hours to get their pc “fixed” and the sales’ team getting frustrated because they aren’t tech support!

Now for my solution; my black screen issue where the boot time with an SSD drive & 8gb ram, with an I7 quad-core 2.4 ghz cpu was OVER 90 seconds? Display driver problem. (which wasn’t looked at during the remote session) and a regedit setting, turning off low power saving mode. (Which also isn’t listed as a solution on your win 10 “self-help website” but IS listed over at http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/soft...03760/how-to-fix-the-windows-10-slow-boot-bug

In closing, I’m assuming the person that reads this DOES care about customer service, hence the reason why I wrote this extended letter. I’m not expecting anyone there to fix this, cause honestly why would you? If the issue was customer service, why release such a broken OS that can be fixed by using a customer base of millions as a “Beta” test group? Who cares if their time is wasted, or your employees are fed up & common courtesy & decency fly out the window?

(The rest is my contact info, which I'm obviously not posting here)

I dunno if this is going to do the least bit of good. I just wanted the higher ups to know how frustrated we all are, and that we don't deserve to be treated like this all. we're human beings dang it, not a "product" or "consumer base".

Take care & god bless all.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Jeff and welcome to the forum.

I feel your pain! (I can't do the voice, but hopefully you get it). :)

Ask a Question