OS Resting Problem ?

Reaction score
not sure what topic I should post in but, I do not know if its a software problem or what.my laptop is a windows 10 machine not an upgraded pc. having trouble with it locking into airplane mode, losing the wifi card ?? , tried to do a restore point reset, it encountered a problem, no codes . tried to do a basic system restore, encountered a problem, no codes. then tried to do a complete drive wipe and recovery, had a problem, even tried to get the lasts windows 10 1703 update, had a problem installing showing again no codes ?? did a extinctive system dia test and all passed ?? only thing I have not done is to use the recovery disks that we made and try a full system recovery, that's my last option in hops that does not encounter a problem in winch case we have no laptop. any and all ideas are appreciated thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
tried to do a restore point reset, it encountered a problem, no codes . tried to do a basic system restore, encountered a problem, no codes. then tried to do a complete drive wipe and recovery, had a problem, even tried to get the lasts windows 10 1703 update, had a problem installing showing again no codes ?? did a extinctive system dia test and all passed
Looks like you've tried most things that I would suggest.
AND it looks like you even have a plan
use the recovery disks that we made and try a full system recovery, that's my last option
The only other thing that I might suggest is that you use the 1703 ISO to create bootable media and try booting from that.
Use the "Repair your PC" link on the second page following the Choose your language and keyboard page to get into Troubleshooting -> Advanced options
And try a system restore from there. On occasion I've found that for some reason, some of the advanced options, seem to work more reliably when attempted from bootable media.
AND
Make sure you remove any and all attached peripherals, reducing the machine to the basics (wired USB keyboard, wired USB mouse and monitor) no wireless dongles, not even a USB printer attached.
Sometimes that helps also.

Reaction score
I have been meaning to ask someone this, do they update that iso file in the media creation download to the latest windows ver, I have downloaded it twice but not recently ? if they do Ill need to download it again. as far as the laptop goes, after trying to reset it several times, the thing pick up the wireless card again , I am sure it a temporary fix , has to be a bug somewhere, when it does it again Ill do a clean install with the recovery disks, ???? thank you

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you have the 1703 Creators Update ISO, then you likely have the latest version.
As far as I know they haven't updated that to include the couple cumulative updates that have been pushed out since it was release a few weeks back.
As far as the wireless card goes, I can't say much about that.
I did have some recent issues with an intel wireless card inside a dell laptop.
Turned out to be a strange windows update, I can't remember the exact name but it was strange and called something like Intel - Net something or other, which rendered the wireless adapter useless. It would connect and then within seconds disconnect again.
I managed to finally defeat it by employing the Windows Update Show Hide utility
http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab
So you might want to look at any driver updates that the Windows Update Service has installed and see if you can uninstall them, roll them back or over-write them by installing the manufacturer's driver.

Reaction score
Thank You for trying to help I greatly appreciate it. I have been doing some digging around, and have too came across a register tweak that will stop windows 10 from installing different hardware drivers and such. I thought that it might be driver or some sort of software issue. I have had seven pcs over the years and have never had one doing the things this things doing, or I should say not doing. its working for now, Ill roll back some drivers if it acts up again before I do a full recover and start clean. once again thank you and Ill check out that utility link as well. seems like there's all ways something new popping up with all this snazzy new improved technology. some of it is more of a headache than anything.

Reaction score
Hi sky rover,

also make sure that "Airplane" is indeed switched off otherwise it will most likely disable the WiFi!. (I know you mentioned it but you should check anyway).

I hope it helps. :D

Ask a Question