Outlook 2013 won't open because of corrupt OST file

Reaction score
Hi Window 10 Forums,
I am running Outlook 2013 on Window 10. I tried to set up an email account that is on an exchange server -- Microsoft 365 and it failed. I do not have Microsoft 365. However, my attempt created a corrupt OST file in my C:\Users\________\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook folder. I have tried deleting this OST file, but it gets recreated every time I try to open Outlook. I have tried two OST to PST converters but they both fail because the file is corrupt. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook 2013, but the problem reappears. Is there any way I can get rid of this file so I can use Outlook again? Thanks.
Zaffer

Reaction score
From where are you deleting the old .ost? There is, normally, only one under the users, which you have found.. It will then be re recreated when you use outlook again. If it is being recreated, but corrupt, the the issue is with your outlook and I would suggest a reinstall of Outlook 2013. should solve the problem
alternatively, you could go direct to outlook on line and see if that is ok.

Ask a Question