Outlook 2016 "cannot log on. Verify you are connected..."

Reaction score
Outlook will not run, even after a repair install.

Hi, I tried to read some other threads on here, and have run:

outlook.exe /resetnavpane

as well as:
sfc /scannow
(which seems not to do anything, as far as I can tell)

Neither works, and I get the following long message after "outlook.exe /resetnavpane", as well as anytime I try to run Outlook 2016.

"Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The Microsoft Exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft Exchange information service."

When I hit okay:

"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened."

Reaction score
I have this exact same problem. Except I get a "Critical Error Resources Low" error between the two you describe. Did you ever find a solution?

Additionally, if I close Outlook 16 and try to re-open I get this error.
If I then go to Control Panel and add a new profile, but leave the default profile set to the one I was using. It works when I try to open.

Very frustrating. I have tried every fix I can find...including registry entries, etc.

Reaction score
I have this exact same problem. Except I get a "Critical Error Resources Low" error between the two you describe. Did you ever find a solution?

Additionally, if I close Outlook 16 and try to re-open I get this error.
If I then go to Control Panel and add a new profile, but leave the default profile set to the one I was using. It works when I try to open.

Very frustrating. I have tried every fix I can find...including registry entries, etc.

Hello!

I experienced the same problem.

SOLUTION for me: I created a new mail profile (see control panel) and deleted the old one.

Ask a Question