Outlook 2016 Question

Reaction score
I have recently installed Outlook 2016 on my Home computer which uses Windows 10. I have it configured to use my Gmail and local email provider and it seems to work fine with the exception of sending a new email because the People portion has no addresses in it as described below.

If I select Calendar it uses my Gmail Account which is what I prefer because I keep all my Calendar appointments on my phone which uses my Gmail account.

When I select people it seems to want to use my Local Provider which contains no Contact info. How can I set People within Outlook 2016 to use my Gmail addresses?

If I select the Stand Alone People program that's installed with Windows 10 it uses my Gmail addresses.

Michael

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
When you select the People tab, do you not see both accounts available for selection in the left column "Folder Pane".
You may need to turn on the Folder Pane using the View tab at the top of the Ribbon if it is not on by default.

Reaction score
When you select the People tab, do you not see both accounts available for selection in the left column "Folder Pane".
You may need to turn on the Folder Pane using the View tab at the top of the Ribbon if it is not on by default.

Actually no. I don't see either account when I select people.It seems to be working for my email and calendar but not people. People, although both accounts are present shows it to be empty. I can export my contacts from Gmail as a CVS file and manually import that into Outlook 2016. I was hoping for something more automatic. Calendar reflects my addition or deletions in Gmail fine in Outlook 2016. I was hoping for some ting like this in people. I update some times several times a week if not more on my phone and then I have to import manually again into Outlook 2016.Have also noted when selecting Address Book shows no contacts and only shows my local serivr as an option, no Gmail.

Michael

Last edited:

Ask a Question