Outlook.com question

Reaction score
At the Outlook.com community, it says since I have Windows 10, I need to post in the Windows 10 site, so here I am. Is there any way to stop Outlook from the following problem? If I am writing someone an email and click send, outlook often shows the message: In order to "protect" me, I must first sign in again to outlook before the message can be sent. This means I must copy the message and exit, then immediately return to paste the message and rewrite the subject, then send. It is such an unnecessary feature and so annoying!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
From what I am reading, regarding this problem it seems to be related to some third party security suite's overzealous attention to outlook.com
If you have any such software installed you may have to tweak it to help with outlook.com cookies.
OR
Consider uninstalling it and see if the problem disappears.

Reaction score
From what I am reading, regarding this problem it seems to be related to some third party security suite's overzealous attention to outlook.com
If you have any such software installed you may have to tweak it to help with outlook.com cookies.
OR
Consider uninstalling it and see if the problem disappears.

It is someone overzealous attention, all right. When I acquired Windows 10, MS kept on at me to open a Microsoft Account, so I did. They immediately locked me out of my live.com account that I'd been using for years. It was a disaster for me and I had to scramble to get all my connections changed over to the new outlook.com account and finally accomplished it. I also learned that by having the MS account (outlook) I now had to sign in to my own computer. I worked so hard getting everything changed to the outlook account, I did not have it in me to go back and change everything again. So, MS is the one overseeing my outlook.com account. The Microsoft Team takes care of my "security" and "protects" me from suspicious behavior. Which I assure you there is nothing suspicious about anything I do. If I knew how to tweak it to help with outlook.com cookies, I would do so immediately. I cannot reply to messages from this Microsoft Team and have no way to communicate with this so called team.

Eventually, I'm hoping to acquire another email address and switch everything over to it and get rid of outlook.com, but right now I can't do that.

Ask a Question