SOLVED Outlook.com

Reaction score
My Live.com was working fine last week, a few days ago I had to log in which it use to do automatically. It would not accept my any of the passwords I tried. I kept getting Error 3219. I tried the recovery so many times the support team said to create a new account.

I thought I read somewhere that Live.com no longer worked and you had to use Outlook.com. So I set up an Outlook.com account but am having problems. I can not send mail and the calendar will not update. So far, I don't care for the layout, the Live.com seemed much simpler.

Apparently I haven't done something right. Needless to say, I am very frustrated at this point.

If this issue has been solved in another post, please direct me to the answer.

Thanks

Reaction score
Whatever account you are logged into Windows 10 with is the mail account that will work with Outlook. When you setup an Outlook.com account do you mean you now login to your system with that account and it is an Administrator account?

Reaction score
I only setup the Outlook.com account to send emails that only use a Live mail option. I do not log onto my system with Outlook.com. When I log onto my PC and select the little envelope for mail I have to sign into a Microsoft account and then view my mailbox.

I was receiving mail ok but could not send. I requested help and received a message that they would get back to me. Today when I tried to sign in it said my account was locked because it may have been compromised and I need a code to sign back in. The code only comes in text form, evidently to a cell phone. I do not use a cell phone.

Please tell me how to get rid of Outlook.com and go back to Live.

Reaction score
Outlook.com and Live are the same thing. You can log into either one with the same email address and you should see the same emails. During the password reset you should get an option to have them call you and a recorded voice will give you the code. On the screen where you request a password, there should be a link to get them to call the same phone number that they want to text to you.

How were you logging into Windows? With a local account?

Reaction score
I use a local account. I will try a password request again and see if I can find the phone option. Thanks

Reaction score
Just FYI, a local account prevents you from using the best features of Windows 10. You can't use the Store to get apps. You have to use another mail client or login to mail through a web interface. You would be a lot better off creating an admin account that used a Microsoft email address. If you still want to use a different email provider like GMail, you could still setup the Mail App or an Outlook client to access it.

Reaction score
Ok, I was able to unlock my account but still can not send mail or up date the calendar, keep getting error 3219, same as before. I will look into setting up the admin account.

Reaction score
This could be due to the syncing between Live Mail and the built in Mail App.

Make "Mail" you default, and then check that the Mail server is dub403-m.hotmail.com

Ask a Question